We remain open!
As of Monday, March 16, 2020, the Animal Eye Associates remains open for business. As veterinarians, we are considered an “essential service,” thus we plan to remain open unless we are directed by the government to close. We assure you that we are doing everything we can to keep our staff and clients safe. We are also striving to do our part to prevent further spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus as good stewards of our community.
Please DO NOT come into the office if you fall into any of the following categories:
• You are not feeling well, and particularly if you are displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – fever, cough, shortness of breath.
• You have traveled to an area with high rates of Coronavirus or have been on a cruise in the last 14 days.
• You are classified by the CDC as “higher risk” for getting very sick from COVID-19 – older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, lung disease, diabetes (for your safety, we strongly recommend that you avoid coming into the office).
If you cannot come into the office for any reason but your pet is experiencing eye issues that require medical attention, please call us so that we can provide guidance over the phone.
If you do not display any of the above symptoms and are not an individual who is at “higher risk,” you may come into the office for your pet’s appointment. To ensure everyone’s safety, we will be doing the following:
• Wiping down all surfaces, chairs, doorknobs in our examination rooms between every visit.
• Sanitizing the lobby frequently.
• Washing our hands thoroughly between every appointment and multiple times throughout the day. We ask that clients do the same!
• Asking clients not to crowd the lobby/waiting area – depending on how busy we are at the time of your arrival, we may ask you to wait outside or in your car until we can get you and your pet directly into an exam room.
• Asking clients not to crowd the reception desk – if another client is at the front desk when you are escorted up front for check-out, we will request that you sit down and wait for the receptionist to call you up to the counter when she is ready to assist you.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have questions about our COVID-19 protocol or about your pet’s health. We will do our best to keep you up to date regarding any changes to our business hours or safety protocols via our website and our Facebook site.
We hope that all our clients are staying healthy and safe. If you would like further information about Coronavirus/COVID-19, we recommend the following websites:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
The Doctors and Staff at Animal Eye Associates