We remain open!
As of Monday, April 6, 2020, Animal Eye Associates remains open for business for urgent and emergent cases only. As veterinarians, we are considered an “essential service,” thus we plan to remain open unless we are directed by the government to close. We assure you that we are doing everything we can to keep our staff and clients safe. We are also striving to do our part to prevent further spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus as good stewards of our community.
Please DO NOT come to the office and inform our receptionist when calling to schedule appointment if you if you fall into any of the following categories:
• You or any other person in contact with the pet has upper respiratory disease symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, fatigue.
• You or any other person in contact with the pet has tested positive or are suspected to be positive for COVID-19 – older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, lung disease, diabetes (for your safety, we strongly recommend that you avoid coming to the office).
• You have traveled to an area with high rates of Coronavirus or have been on a cruise in the last 14 days.
If you cannot come to the office for any reason but your pet is experiencing eye issues that require medical attention, please call us so that we can provide guidance over the phone.
If you do not meet any of the above criteria and are not an individual who is at “higher risk”, you may bring your pet to the appointment. Otherwise, please have someone else who does not meet the above criteria bring your pet to the appointment.
The nurse will then meet you outside the building, at the front door, to take your pet from you at arm’s length. Your pet will be taken inside to be examined by the doctor while you wait in your car.
• We will be wiping down all surfaces, chairs, doorknobs in our examination rooms between every visit.
• Washing our hands thoroughly between every appointment and multiple times throughout the day.
• Asking clients not to crowd the entrance if other clients are bringing their pet to the front door.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have questions about our COVID-19 protocol or about your pet’s health. We will do our best to keep you up to date regarding any changes to our business hours or safety protocols via our website and our Facebook site.
We hope that all our clients are staying healthy and safe. If you would like further information about Coronavirus/COVID-19, we recommend the following websites:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
The Doctors and Staff at Animal Eye Associates